- The DV Network will next meet on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 from 10-12 at the Massey A Level Conference Room.
- The DVPPCC (Domestic Violence Prevention, Policy, and Coordinating Council) will next meet on Thursday, October 15, 2015 from 7:30am to 9:30am at the Massey A Level Conference Room.
The Training Committee of the DV Network announces the next round of Tier One training on September 12, 19 and 26, 2015! This 20-hour orientation training on the dynamics of domestic and sexual violence and stalking is designed for professionals, volunteers, and all community members interested in ending domestic and sexual violence in Fairfax County. The training is free, but registration is required: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/hscode/ereg/Registration.aspx?groupID=61
The Multicultural Center of Northern Virginia Family Service is now offering a support group for Arabic-speaking women who may be in an abusive relationship. The group will offer women information and resources, legal information and referrals, emotional and psychological support, and parenting support. The 12-week group will begin in Fall 2015. Call 571-748-2818 for more information or to make a referral.
Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) Events: Save the Date! The DV Community Annual Meeting will be held on Thursday, October 1st from 8am – 12pm in the Fairfax County Government Center Board Auditorium. Please contact Sandy Bromley if you would like to help with organizing the meeting! Please send all DVAM events to email@example.com as early as possible
Shelter House is taking the lead in bringing the documentary Finding Jenn’s Voice to Fairfax County for DVAM! They have requested Wednesday, October 28th at 7:30pm at the Angelika Film Center & Cafe at Mosaic, but in order to guarantee that, we need to reserve 50 tickets. Please visit: http://gathr.us/screening/12913 and reserve your tickets today! (Note: your credit card will be charged once the screening is guaranteed, but you may see a pre-authorization before then.)
The Women’s Center is currently accepting new members for several support groups:
- Caring for Aging Parents (New! forming now)
- Blended Families (New! forming now)
- Anxiety (New! forming now)
- Mixed Adult Therapy Group (forming now)
- Survivors of Emotional Abuse (forming now)
- Survivors of Sexual Abuse (accepting new members)
- Coping with Separation & Divorce (accepting new members)
- Depression (accepting new members)
- Young Professional Women (accepting new members)
- Women Over 50 (accepting new members)
- Women's General Therapy (accepting new members)