- The DV Network will next meet on November 18, 2014 from 10-12 in the Massey A Level Conference Room.
- The FCIA Domestic Violence Prevention Committee will next meet on Thursday, December 11, 2014 from 1:30 – 3:00pm. For more information and to sign up to receive meeting notices, please email Sandy Chisholm.
- The DVPPCC (Domestic Violence Prevention, Policy, and Coordinating Council) will next meet on Thursday, January 15, 2015 from 7:30am to 9:30am at the Massey A Level Conference Room.
- November 10 – 14th is National Forensic Nurse Week. If you get a chance, please thank our INOVA FACT (Forensic Assessment & Consultation Team) Department nurses this week!
- ASHA for Women is hiring a Client Advocate, who will be responsible for providing culturally-grounded supportive client services for South Asian survivors of domestic violence. The primary service area is Maryland and the position is for 20 hours a week. Resumes are being accepted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tahirih Justice Center is hiring a public policy attorney.
- NVFS has several job openings, including a bilingual mental health therapist (English/French). Please visit here for more information and to apply.
- Doorways is hiring a Bilingual Children’s Counselor and Children’s Counselor.
- The Battered Women’s Justice Project (BWJP) is hiring a national Training & Technical Assistance Director.
- The Office for Women & Domestic and Sexual Violence Services will start their next support group for victims of sexual violence on December 2, 2014 – January 27, 2015 from 6-7pm at DVAC (4000 Chain Bridge Road, Suite 2700). Please contact Sarah Freeman (703-704-6729) to register.
- DFS’ Fathers In Touch program will be held from January 7 – March 25, 2015 at the Gum Springs Community Center on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 – 9pm (dinner provided). Please contact Champana Bernard or Calvin Robinson (703-324-3611) to register.
Trainings and Events
November 17-19, 2014: The National Training Institute on Protection Order Practice for Attorneys and Advocates, sponsored by the National Center on Protection Orders and Full Faith & Credit, will be held in St. Petersburg, FL. Please visit http://conferences.bwjp.org/conferencedetail.aspx?confid=83 for more information and to register.
November 18, 2014: “What is the Duluth Model?” webinar will be held from 3 – 4pm. Please visit here to register.
November 19, 2014: Accessible Trauma Resolution – A Model with Evidence to Match webinar will be held from 3-4:30pm. Please visit here to register.
November 19 – 21, 2014: The Virginia Victim Assistance Network’s 2014 Victims’ Issues Conference will be held at the Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront. A detailed agenda, hotel information, and registration is available at www.vanetwork.org and http://www.eventzilla.net/web/event?eventid=2139040777.
December 2, 2014: Connecting the Dots: Understanding and Addressing the Links between Multiple Forms of Violence webinar will be held from 2-3:30pm. For more information and to register, click here.
December 4-5, 2014 (Richmond) and December 8-9, 2014 (Roanoke): VA DCJS is hosting Trauma & Youth: Understanding the Impact of Trauma and Shared Learning Collaborative. For more information and to register, click here.
December 6, 2014: The Duffy House and Burke United Methodist Church are holding Santa’s Workshop from 10am – 2pm, where children can shop for the people and pets on their list. Please contact Christine Eads to register your clients: email@example.com.
December 16, 2014: DV Network Monthly Meeting 10 am-noon.
February 2-3, 2015: Domestic Violence Danger Assessment and Risk Management conference will be held in Boston, MA. Click on the link above for more information and to register.
February 24-26, 2015: Advanced Issues in the Investigation and Prosecution of Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence conference will be held in Atlanta, GA. For more information, visit here.
March 19-21, 2014: Futures without Violence is hosting a National Conference on Health and Domestic Violence in Washington DC. For more information, visit here.
April 7-9, 2015: The EVAW International Conference will be held in New Orleans, LA. Please visit here for more information and to register.
April 22-23, 2015: Virginia’s Building Healthy Futures Conference will be held. More information coming soon.