DVPPCC 2013 Annual Report Released
Click here for the Fairfax County DVPPCC 2013 Annual Report.
DVAM Concludes with Purple Out Day
Check out the flickr photos of all the groups that went purple on October 30 for the Northern Virginia Purple Out.
Fairfax County DV Community 2013 Awards
The Fairfax County Domestic Violence Community honored five individuals with awards of excellence at its Annual Meeting on October 1, 2013. These awards recognize the significant impact the awardees have made on behalf of the domestic violence community in Fairfax County. Click here for more information and photos.
- Service Provider Award of Excellence: Aayan Ali, DVAC/The Women's Center
- Allied Professional Award of Excellence: Lori Wymore-Kirkland, Stronger Together Supervised Visitation and Exchange Center
- Community Member Award of Excellence: Pat Kuenhel, Great Falls Friends & Neighbors Women's Club
- Media Award of Excellence: Gregg McDonald, Fairfax Times
- Legislator Award of Excellence: Delegate Jim Scott, Virginia House of Delegates, 53rd District
Domestic Violence Awareness Month Proclamation
Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, September 24, 2013
- The DV Network will next meet on December 17, 2013 from 10-12 at the Fairfax County Government Center, Conference Rooms 2/3. We will have our Holiday Potluck Celebration at this meeting, so please bring your favorite brunch dishes to share with everyone. Coffee, juice and water will be provided.
- The DVPPCC (Domestic Violence Prevention, Policy, and Coordinating Council) will next meet on Thursday, January 16, 2013 from 7:30am to 9:30am at the Massey Building.
- Registration is now open for the February round of the DV Network’s Domestic Violence Tier One training. Click here for the flyer and register here.
- DVAC partners will send an Advocate of the Month to the South County Human Services building, on the 2nd Tuesday of every month. Please ask clients to call (703) 246-4573 to make an appointment.
- Legal Services of Northern Virginia is hiring a Spanish-speaking Intake Paralegal. Please see the advertisement for additional information.
Trainings and Events
November 25, 2013: Webinar on Trauma Informed Services: Fostering Healing and Resilience will be held from 3:30 – 5:00pm. Register here.
December 3, 2013: The Fairfax Partnership for Youth’s Network Meeting will focus on Teen Sexuality in the Digital Age from 2:30 – 4pm at the Pennino Building, Room 206A. Please click here to register.
December 6, 2013: Legal Services of Northern Virginia’s Interpreter Planning Partnership has opened up their Winter Forum to the DV Community. This year’s forum, held from 10am to 3:30pm, will focus on Domestic Violence & Language Access. Please see the flyer and register by filling out the flyer and faxing or emailing Eric Moe (email@example.com).
January 9, 2013: DV Network’s first Tier Two training will be held from 9a.m. to 12p.m. in the Government Center, Conference Room 9/10. As January is National Stalking Awareness Month, the director of the Stalking Resource Center will present on the Use of Technology in Stalking and Domestic Violence. Register here.
February 1, 8 & 22, 2013: The February round of the 20-hour DV Network’s Domestic Violence Tier One training will be held at Calvary Hill Baptist Church, 9301 Little River Turnpike in Fairfax. Click here for the flyer and register here.
February 13, 2013: DV Network’s Tier Two training will be held from 9a.m. to 12p.m. in the Fairfax County Government Center, Conference Room 9/10. In honor of Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month, February’s session will focus on teen dating violence.
March 17-19, 2014: DCJS is hosting the 2014 Campus Safety and Violence Prevention Forum in Portsmouth. Register here.
April: EVAW International’s Conference on Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, and Human Trafficking 22 – 24, 2014